Skip to main content



My Improv Stripes Mini Quilt

Oh, how I love improv! It takes me out of my box, out of the constraints of being "perfect", and straight into a place where my creativity can dip its toes into new waters. 
At the end of July, Debbie at A Quilter's Table hosted a QAL using another of her great ideas.
You may remember my Cross Cut Quilt from last summer. I had followed Debbie's QAL then and that quilt is one of my all-time favorites that I've made.
My Cross Cut Quilt 2016
Debbie's latest improv project was the Improv Stripes technique.  The idea was to use fabrics with contrast, cut them into strips, sew them together and make stripes! Blocks of various sizes would be made, then later trimmed to be sewn together. 
I decided to pull out my stash of Halloween fabrics. Not having a particular size or shape in mind, I just dug in!
Above are some of my untrimmed blocks of stripes.
It started growing!

Fitting the blocks together was the hardest part...but still fun! Strips and stripes were added…

Latest Posts

I Wish You A Merry Christmas QAL--Block One

More Hand-Made Cards & a Winner!

One-of-a-Kind Birthday Cards

Busy Girl!

Quilt Top Assembly for Postcard From Sweden quilt

All Presssed & Trimmed!

Pieced HSTs for Postcard From Sweden quilt