Instant HAPPY Journal
Instant Happy Journal by Karen Salmansohn
So, I found this book....the one pictured above to help me focus my thoughts on what makes me happy, what causes happiness in others, and also rid myself of the nasty negatives that swirl through my brain. Kick them to the curb! There is no room in my head for such things!
As you may know/remember, I spent my teaching years supporting the Language Arts, which included journal writing. I had files and files of journal starters for my students and made them promise each year that they would keep their journals for eternity. I even had them stand on their chairs with their right hands up as they pledged to keep them in a dry, safe place for 100 years. Wouldn't you just love to have your hands on a journal that you wrote when you were 10 years old? Oh, man, I'd do a triple back flip for that...if I had written one. It would make good reading for me as I lay in the hospital bed with my broken bones from that failed back flip.
Anyhoo, I have had some very good journal writing with this book. It's put a lot of thoughts and events into perspective for me. I keep it on my bed stand so I can flip open to a page randomly and write. Sometimes, I skip to another random page...just cuz I can do that and I don't have a teacher hovering over me.
Some of my favorite entries:
- You can't control how some people will treat you or what they'll say. But you can control how you respond.
- Surround yourself with people who clearly love your light and want to add to it.
- Turn your TO DO list into a WHAT MATTERS MOST list. What's on it?
- Take a few minutes to breathe. Then listen. What do you need to pay more attention to in your life right now?
- You should eat like you love yourself. Have you been eating self-loving foods?
- Write a letter to a specific painful failure, thanking it, then sending the pain away.
"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."