Here we are in the second half of 2016 already! Where has the time gone? If one more person tells me that the summer is more than half over, I will scream!
I love summer and all that goes with it, including the items listed below.
1. Slow, hand stitching. It doesn't always make me happy, but when it goes so smoothly and looks pretty good when it's done, it sure makes me happy! This will be the object of my next post.
It turned out pretty cool. I think so anyway.
If I don't get back here within a week to post, somebody get on my case.
2. Reading a good book. I've always loved to read, but summer reading is the best...sitting on the porch; laying in the hammock; staying up late in bed; in the passenger seat on a road trip...it's all good! I finally got my hands on this book at the local library. Good read!
3. Long walks. Summer in Iowa doesn't always supply the best walking weather. Can we say humidity so thick it can be chewed? This is the trail we often walk and it's so pretty in every season.
4. Summer birthdays. Mine was just last week and it was a beautiful day to celebrate. The photo above was a friend's brother who turned 60 about the same time. We have a tradition here to hang underwear in the yard of those who celebrate a decade birthday. Always fun, always a bit embarrassing for the birthday gal/guy, but always memorable!
5. Hugs! Friends, family members, neighbors, pets, anyone you like enough to hug...go do it!
I especially need to thank my friends who posted on my Firecracker Table Runner and talked me into loving it instead of focusing on the mistakes.
Blogging friends are wonderful and I'd hug each one of you if I could!
(I'd also hang underwear in your yard on your decade-birthday if I could! Ha!)
I am linking up with Gypsy Moon Quilt Co. Five Things Friday