As you might know, I've been blogging here for 27 consecutive days.
I took a challenge and by golly, I'm going to make it to 31 days!!
I hope I haven't bored you, but maybe inspired you or at least, made you smile.
Today, I am stuck.
I wanted to take outdoor photos of a few things, but the sun was not cooperating.
So, I am opening myself up.
I'm writing about myself.
Eventually, I will have 100 "facts", but today you will get half of them.
I am what I am.
- I am a 55 year old woman
- I've been married to my greatest blessing for 33 years
- We have 2 children; ages 26 (Kristie) and 29 (Brad)
- My kids do not like each other...at all.
- I have lived my entire life in Dubuque, Iowa
- I wouldn't live anywhere else!
- My lucky number is 7
- I was the 7th child of 8
- I was born in the 7th month
- I've held 4 full-time jobs over the course of my lifetime
- 3 of them lasted 7 years each
- My last job was teaching 7th grade
- I am now a substitute teacher, by choice
- I sub only in the elementary grades, by choice
- My husband retired in September 2016, after working 38 years for John Deere as an engineer
- I must have some form of chocolate to nibble on each day
- I prefer dark chocolate over milk, or white (ick!)
- I also prefer chicken over steak or seafood or pork
- My peanut butter must be chunky
- I have an incredible "sweet tooth"
- I wear a size 10 shoe
- I used to wear a size 9, but then I had kids and they grew, along with my hips.
- We currently have a 3 year old Morkie named Sophie (cross of Maltese + Yorkie)
- We used to have an AKC Bichon Frise named Quincy for 13 years.
- I played the flute and piccolo in school from 4th grade through high school graduation.
- I also sang in the choir in high school.
- I now sing in the city's largest choir and absolutely love it!
- I sing Soprano 1, but really should be a Soprano 2, but like to sing the melody. I squeak by.
- In choir, I sit right next to the gal who sang in our wedding 33 years ago.
- I am a fanatically addicted player of Words With Friends.
- I usually beat most of my friends in the game.
- I have absolutely no skills in sports nor do I have any interest in them. (Hard to believe, eh?)
- I began sewing at a young age when my father gave me a sewing machine at the age of 10.
- He gave my brothers each a mini-bike, but I got a stinkin' sewing machine. I was not happy.When the mini-bikes broke down, my sewing machine was broken in and I was sewing away very happily!
- My mom and sisters were very talented sewists. I learned a lot from watching them.
- I sewed a lot of my own clothes in high school.
- I even made my first pair of jeans!
- I sewed many of my children's clothes when they were young, but then they got too picky.
- Everything I know about quilting and machine embroidery has been self-taught.
- I enjoy learning through watching videos and reading blogs. Pictures help.
- Flower gardening is also a great hobby of mine. In the summer, my hands are happy in the dirt.
- I have 2 large flower gardens and multiple pots and baskets around the yard.
- I have never, ever tried illegal drugs.
- I do imbibe in an occasional adult beverage.
- Margaritas are a favorite, but I need to be careful since tequila causes migraines for me.
- I have a very quirky sense of humor.
- Sometimes it's sarcastic, and sometimes it slap-stick, but it's always sharp.
- My favorite color is purple. My classrooms in school were decorated in purple, like my sewing room is today. And my laundry room. I'm the only person who hangs out there anyway!
- Spending time in the kitchen is another favorite past-time.
- I prefer baking over cooking, but we can't all survive on cookies!
Stay tuned for the next 50!
Do we have anything in common?
*Day 28 of 31 Days of Blogging Challenge