50 More Facts About Me
Oh, friends, I know you've been waiting for the next installment to the Facts About Me.
Here they are!
- Most of my adult life, I was 5'9". I am now 5'8.5". I guess I'm over the hill.
- My first car was a red 1972 Nova. It was a gas guzzler.
- I have had 2 speeding tickets. The first one was more than my paycheck.
- I have been in only one car accident. Someone rear-ended me in a snowstorm.
- I have lived in 5 different houses in my lifetime...all in the same city.
- My daughter and I each have a mole in the very same place...not telling where!
- My eyes are hazel...the same as my mom's name.
- My father was an abusive alcoholic, but not going there anymore.
- I love Diet Pepsi, but will not drink more than one per day, if at all.
- I prefer a bath over a shower any day.
- My favorite band is the Rolling Stones. I have seen them in concert 3 times!
- Cruising is a favorite vacation. We've gone on 4...so far!
- We also like to travel by Amtrak. We've gone on 4 train trips too...so far!
- I love coffee, but limit myself to no more than 2 per day. Hot and black.
- I lack a sense of direction and can easily get lost anywhere. A Garmin is always in my glove box.
- I've been a Christian all of my life and always will be. God has blessed me in many ways.
- I have an uncanny way of telling people what's on their minds.
- I also tend to be very empathic. Not always a good thing.
- To fall asleep, I must have my ears covered.
- I was engaged to another man when I met my husband.
- I have a scar near my right eye when I was thrown from the back seat in my sister's car at the age of 4.
- I became an aunt at the age of 6.
- I won 1st place at a local Pillsbury contest and won $500.
- I tend to be very lucky. Once in a while I'll play the lottery.
- My blood type is O positive. I donate blood every 56 days.
- I get along with most people, but am easily intimidated.
- I prefer the toilet paper to roll off from the top. I've been known to change the position of the roll in other people's houses.
- I've always been a great speller.
- I rarely buy anything at full price. Groceries are excluded. I love a good sale!
- There is always a pile of books at my bedside.
- I am NOT photogenic! Hence, there is no photo of me on the home page of this blog. Yet.
- French Fries. I love them! This has to change!
- Scary movies are not my thing. Neither are roller coasters.
- I recycle everything I can. Keeping the world the best we can for others is important to me.
- I broke both bones in my left wrist in 2007. I wore an external fixator for 5 weeks and had 5 months of PT following. I now have a 2% disability in that wrist.
- I wore glasses at the age of 4 til 2nd grade. I was cross-eyed.
- Now I have prescription glasses for work to help me read. At home, I wear cheaters. +1.5
- Rainy days always get me down.
- I am always on the lookout to help someone. It makes me happy to help.
- I always wear a watch. It goes on my left wrist.
- I cannot learn anything new beyond 8:00 PM. My brain is not receptive and nothing sticks.
- I have to look at my hands to tell left from right...remember I am directionally-challenged!
- I have never worn high heels. Nothing over 2" heels for me. I am too tall.
- I gave birth to both of my children with NO pain killers. Totally natural. TMI?
- I've always wanted to be a woman who loves to host dinner parties, but it's not me.
- I collect pennies in a 5 gallon glass jug. When it's full, I take it to the bank and buy something frivolous.
- I really don't like talking on the phone. I like person-to-person conversations.
- I am a homebody. I can stay at home happily for days and days.
- People who are rude, biased, close-minded, and disrespectful really bother me. I have been known to support the innocent by-stander.
- I like making lists and usually have 3 or 4 going at once.
There you have it!
Do you see anything here that we have in common?
*Day 31 of 31 Days of Blogging Challenge (I MADE IT!!!!)